Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the borders of the Russian Federation are partially closed. We have found out all the ways of entry to Russia for foreign citizens. So far, there is only one way – a plane.
In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 03/16/2020 No. 635-r“On the temporary restriction of entry into the Russian Federation of foreign citizens and stateless persons and the temporary suspension of the registration and issuance of visas and invitations” (ed. dated 12/25/2021), only citizens of the following countries can enter Russia for tourist purposes:
- A visa is required:
Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Denmark, India, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, China, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Turkey, Finland, France, Croatia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, USA.
- No visa is required:
Azerbaijan, Argentina, Armenia, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Republic of Korea, Serbia, Thailand, UAE.
Only citizens of the above-mentioned countries can enter the territory of the Russian Federation and only by plane from their own country. For example, a USA passport holder can only fly to Russia from the USA, a Brazilian citizen can only come from Brazil, and so on.
- Entry is prohibited to citizens of the following countries and territories, tourist visas are not issued:
Australia, Israel, Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Estonia, South Africa, Hong Kong.
According to Resolution No. 13 of July 07, 2020 of the Chief Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation, mandatory quarantine for 14 days has been canceled for both foreigners and citizens of the Russian Federation.
What documents will be required from a foreigner at the border?
- A certificate with a negative result of a COVID-19, other words – PCR (in Russian or English). The maximum time interval between passing the test and arrival in the Russian Federation is 48 hours. There is no quarantine for holders of negative test results.
- The questionnaire of the person arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation. Filled in before arrival. Download a sample (.DOC).
- A foreign passport, the validity of which expires no earlier than 6 months from the date of entry. If a visa-free regime has been introduced between Russia and your country, it is enough to present a civil passport. The list of countries whose citizens are allowed visa-free entry to Russia.
Visa. You can apply for a visa at the Russian consulate in your country. You can see the details below.
- Visa application form. Head to the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry to fill out a visa application form.
- An insurance policy that must be valid throughout Russia and cover the possible case of COVID-19 infection.
- Confirmation of hotel reservation or any other place of residence (must be provided for visa processing).
- Return tickets.
The procedure for obtaining a tourist visa
Obtaining a tourist visa for citizens:
Rules for staying in Russia during the pandemic
By decree of the Governor of the Krasnodar Territory Veniamin Kondratiev, from November 22, 2021, residents and guests of the region will be able to check into hotels and visit entertainment venues, leisure and sports complexes, shopping centers, shops and restaurants only:
- if they have a certificate of vaccination from COVID-19;
- if there is a certificate of the transferred coronavirus for the last six months (can be shown in electronic form);
An exception is made for those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons (in this case, a negative PCR test will be required).
If you are vaccinated with a foreign vaccine approved by WHOModernа, Pfizer, Johnson&Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Covaxin, Covishield, Covovax, Nuvaxovid, you need to translate the vaccination certificate into Russian and notarize it.