To participate in the tournament series at Casino Sochi, foreign nationals need to arrive at the casino and undergo a three-minute registration in the lobby, requiring only a passport.
But before that, they need to enter Russia, which may require a visa. Foreign passport holders can apply for a tourist visa, e-visa for travelling to Sochi, and citizens of some countries will not need a visa at all. In this article we will tell you about the requirements for each of these categories of visas.
In addition to a visa, at the checkpoint you will need to present your passport (or general civil passport), health insurance, confirmation of hotel reservation and return tickets.
Important: PCR tests, COVID-19 vaccination certificates and other documents related to the coronavirus pandemic are no longer required.
Citizens of the following countries may enter Russia without a visa for a period of 30-90 days: Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Mongolia, South Ossetia, Tajikistan, Montenegro, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela.
- Citizens of some countries can apply for an electronic visa to Russia. It does not require invitations, hotel booking confirmations or any other documents confirming the purpose of travelling to the Russian Federation. The single entry electronic visa is a single entry visa, its validity is 60 days, but it is possible to stay on the territory of Russia under the E-visa for no more than 15 days.
- You can apply for an E-visa not earlier than 40 days and not later than 4 days before the expected date of entry into the Russian Federation. The processing time is not more than 4 calendar days.
- More detailed information on the peculiarities of the Single Electronic Visa can be found on the website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Citizens of the following countries can apply for an electronic visa to Russia: Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, DPRK, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Spain, Vietnam, Myanmar, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, North Macedonia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (China), Turkey, Taiwan (China), Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Japan.
The list of checkpoints through which e-visa holders can enter Russia is limited. Fortunately, Sochi International Airport is among the approved checkpoints. If there are no direct flights to Sochi from your country, you can fly to Moscow (Sheremetyevo, Vnukovo and Domodedovo airports) or St. Petersburg (Pulkovo airport), and from there take a flight to Sochi, as there are daily flights.
In addition to the air route, EEU holders can get to Sochi by sea, if they get to the port of Sochi (International Centre for Maritime Passenger and Cruise Transportation).
Click on the button below to go to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and fill in the application for a single e-visa to Russia:
Citizens of other countries not listed in the previous two paragraphs, including citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada, must apply for a full-fledged tourist visa to travel to Russia.
To apply for a visa, a foreign citizen must apply to the Russian consular office in the place of his/her permanent residence. Here is the list of documents required for submission:
A valid foreign (diplomatic, official, ordinary) passport or other identity document recognised as such by the Russian Federation.
The passport must not cause doubts as to its authenticity and belonging to its owner, contain marks, reservations, notes, erasures and corrections not certified by the competent authorities of the relevant foreign state, torn or enlarged pages, must have at least two blank pages intended for visas, its validity must not expire earlier than six months from the date of expiry of the visa.
- Completed visa application form.
Completed visa application form. The visa application form shall be filled in electronically. In case of lack of technical possibility it is allowed to fill in the visa application form in handwritten or printed form.
Specialised website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia for filling in the visa application form electronically – visa.kdmid.ru.
- One photograph measuring 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
A photograph of 3.5 x 4.5 cm (either black and white or colour) with a clear image of the face in full-face without glasses with darkened glasses and without headgear (except for foreign citizens for whom the permanent wearing of a headgear is a mandatory attribute of their national or religious affiliation, provided that the foreign citizen is depicted in such a headgear in the passport photo).
- Document on payment of the consular fee
- A contract for the provision of tourist services;
- Confirmation of acceptance of the foreign tourist by the organisation carrying out tour operator activity.
The visa is issued only after the full set of documents is submitted to the consular office. The set of documents for visa processing must be submitted personally by the applicant or his/her legal representative. After acceptance of the documents and payment of the fee, the applicant receives a receipt indicating the date of visa readiness. The receipt must be submitted to obtain the visa.
- When receiving a visa, the applicant must check that the relevant boxes in the visa are filled in correctly: name, travel dates, passport number, date of birth, etc. and, if necessary, immediately return the visa for amendments.
- Regardless of the multiplicity of visas received, the total period of stay of a foreign citizen on the territory of the Russian Federation may not exceed 90 days during each period of 180 days. This provision does not apply to foreigners entering on work and study visas.
- The Consulate reserves the right to refuse to issue a visa to an applicant in case of serious reasons.
After obtaining a visa, the player will only have to buy plane tickets and get to Sochi International Airport (airport code AER). Please note that there may be no direct flights to Sochi from most cities of the world, in this case you can use a convenient hub for a connection – Istanbul International Airport (IST), flying from which to Sochi is only two hours. You can also use Moscow’s Vnukovo, Sheremetyevo or Domodedovo airports as a transit stopover.
You can find a convenient flight to Sochi from your city using the ticket search form below. Please note: after clicking the “Find Tickets” button, you will be redirected to a ticket aggregator website where you can purchase your ticket.
Upon arrival in Sochi, the player will have to get to the Krasnaya Polyana resort, which is where Casino Sochi is located. You can read more about the way to the casino, the best and most popular hotels in Sochi, the top rated and tasty restaurants in the selection of articles below: